Insecticides and Herbicides Can Be Mixed?
The mixed use of medicaments should be scientific. Before mixing, we must first understand the physical and chemical properties, action characteristics, and biological activities of the medicaments, and then pass field trials before they can be used in a large area. We must not abuse them. There will be detailed "user's manual" on the packaging bags of medicines. Below, let's talk about the topics that farmers are concerned about. Can insecticides and herbicides be mixed?
1. Principles of pesticide mixing
1) No adverse chemical reactions (such as hydrolysis, alkaline hydrolysis, acidolysis or oxidation-reduction reactions, etc.) occur between mixed varieties, to ensure normal efficacy or synergy, and do not affect the physical properties of the drug (such as emulsification, reduced suspension rate, etc.) and many more).
2) After mixing different varieties, the crops cannot cause phytotoxicity. For example, the mixed use of organophosphorus insecticides and propanil can cause phytotoxicity to rice, and the mixed use of Bordeaux mixture and lime sulphur mixture can easily cause phytotoxicity to crops.
3) After the pesticides are mixed, they will not increase the toxicity and ensure the safety to humans and animals.
4) The mixed use should be reasonable. The purpose of mixing pesticides is to save labor and time, and improve economic efficiency. If a mixture is made, the additional cost is very high and cannot be allowed.
5) Pay attention to the antagonistic effect of pesticide varieties to ensure the effect of mixed use.
2. Types of mixed pesticides
The reasons for the effects of mixed pesticides are complicated. At present, they are all mixed in accordance with the expansion of the scope of prevention and treatment, the elimination of drug resistance, and the increase of drug efficacy. The main types are as follows;
(1) Mixed use of insecticides: It is a mixture of two or more insecticides, which is the most mixed type. The mixture should be strictly managed to avoid shoddy work.
(2) Mixed use of insecticides and fungicides: mixed with one or more insecticides and one or more fungicides. The mixed forms that have been used in our country include: sabongsong plus isorphine, dimethoate carbendazim, methamidophos and isorphine, etc. Most of them are ready-to-use.
(3) Mixed use of insecticides and herbicides: it is made by mixing one or more insecticides and one or more herbicides, with fewer varieties.
(4) Mixed use of fungicides: It is made by mixing two or more fungicides, and there are many varieties. The mixture varieties used in our country include: Seed Dressing Double, Metalaxyl Mancozeb, Polysulfide Gum Suspension, Tuizongte, etc.
(5) Mixed use of fungicides and herbicides: mixed with fungicides and herbicides, with fewer varieties.
(6) Mixed use of herbicides: It is made by mixing two or more herbicides, and there are many varieties. The main application formulas in my country are: Baicaodi plus 2,4-D in wheat fields: Atrazine plus 2,4-D butyl ester in corn fields, etc.
(7) Mixed use of plant growth regulators: it is a mixture of two or more plant growth regulators with fewer varieties. For example, the mixed use of imimycin and chlormequat, and the mixed use of gibberellin and naphthalene acetic acid.
(8) Mixed use of pesticides and chemical fertilizers: It is made by mixing different types of pesticides and different types of chemical fertilizers. Diammonium phosphate is mixed with carbofuran and applied with corn, soybeans and sugar beets. After chlormequat is mixed with ammonium sulfate, it is applied to wheat fields with top dressing method.